<$BlogRSDUrl$>

<< Go Back to the Main Page

 

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Little Willies...

I was so excited when I heard Norah Jones and some other guys started a country band. They even had a song called "Lou Reed" and I got more excited. They got a cover of Hank Williams "Never Get Out of This World Alive" and I LOVE me some Hank.

TANGENT: I spent the weekend putting drywall up in my spare bedroom and in my Rhapsody Player I had 2 hours of Hank Williams included in my 5 hour playlist of music.

Anywho, when I finally listened to "The Willies" I threw up in my mouth a little bit, and then swallowed it. It sounds like it should, a bunch of New York Musicians butchering country classics.

Norah Jones voice is pretty though.

You can listen to it here.

-----------

Also, I found out about two hours before the deadline, but the Spinto Band had a contest to win a spot on their Guest List for their Artic Monkey's opening spots.

First you have to read the Spinto Contest Page. This was Jaime and I's entry that was pretty good considering we only found out about the contest a few hours before it closed, and for pulling off all the pictures and editing in 7 minutes (before we left for our "All Occasion Dance" class):



See, we only sent in the bottom picture. That top picture was the "instructions" that the Spinto's made. So we just copied it (I wonder how many people had the same idea?). We did screw up the order though which is what I get for doing it quickly.

And needless to say, we didn't win, but I decided to google around and see if I could find out who won. Well, I found this guy who won and from the looks of his pictures, he deserved it! Congratulations! I'm just glad a DC'er got it. That's the show I would of went to if I won.

Check out the winner:

http://www.blogvivant.com/

--------------

Finally, Roger Ebert was a guest on Sound opinions radio the other week and told some great stories about the long lost Sex Pistols movie.

Sound Opinions is having BRMC (Black Rebel Motorcycle Club) on next show. I never miss it:

Listen to archived shows at soundopinions.com

<< Go Back to the Main Page

Feel Free to scroll up and check out my Archives! Thanks for stopping by!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?