<$BlogRSDUrl$>

<< Go Back to the Main Page

 

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

A Song So Awful it Hurts

Slate's take on the worst song I have ever turned my radio up for: Notes On Hump

Here is a song that is so good. I mean this here is one of the classics. Where were you when you first heard this song? I was walking into a Sears in Victor Valley Mall in Victorville, CA. A delivery guy pulled up, got out of his truck and walked in the store. He had this song playing so loud I could hear it across the parking lot. I could tell immediately who was singing, but I didn't recognize the song.

Pre-internet it took some real legwork to hunt down a song based on hearing it once. I found out though and when it came up in the shuffle of my mp3 player the other day (driving back from seeing Thumbsucker at the Naro in Norfolk) I was playing it just as loud as that delivery driver was 10 years ago.

Here's a yousendit link: CCR - Born on the Bayou.mp3

<< Go Back to the Main Page

Feel Free to scroll up and check out my Archives! Thanks for stopping by!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?