<$BlogRSDUrl$>

<< Go Back to the Main Page

 

Sunday, September 11, 2005

That's the Roosters Way

Alright. Time to get back in the game. When life gives you lemons...OR, better yet, as a wise man once said, "When sh!t brings you down, just say 'F*@k it' and eat yourself some mother f*@kin' candy."

------

Our home-town newspaper, the Tribune owned Daily Press, is launching a new section called FLiP. It's geared towards us youngin's. That's all I know about it. Except that it arrives Oct. 9th.

Here is what you get when you search for "FLiP" on the Daily Press Website: HERE. That's no help at all.

What the heck is the deal with this fliP?

I know that FliP skateboards spells it Capital, lower, lower, cap; and yet, the Daily Press will spell it Cap, Cap, low, Cap. Well, that doesn't get me closer to what FLiP is does it?

The only other thing I've gotten about FLiP is it's theme song:

PiLF - Theme from FLiP.mp3 (2.2 Megs)

-----

I've been listening to some cool music. Trying to find the next big thing. I haven't found it yet, but here are some things I've stumbled on recently. Check 'em out, you might dig it:

The Crimea. You can hear 5 full length songs on their website.

Margot and the Nuclear So and So's.

Atomic Swindlers. Here is an mp3 someone sent me link to: Float.mp3 (offsite)

-----

Finally, I've been thinking about my favorite videos due to Kate's question of a few weeks back. "All Time Favorite Music Videos..." Well, that's a tough one. But here goes:

If I had to pick a best ever music video it sure wouldn't be "Thriller". It wouldn't be "Like a Surgeon" either.

No, my favorite videos are the same as yours. The Directors Series are doing an awesome job reminding us of the great videos that have been made. So instead of telling you my "Top Ten" I'll tell you of some of the videos that I love, love, LOVE that may surprise you that I love them:

Blues Traveler - The Runaround. (The Wizard of Oz one. Yeah, I said it! Jealous! Seriously, it's a great video.).

Geggy Tah - Whoever You Are. (Where he solos on the trumpet whilst driving).

Bob Dylan - Subterranean Homesick Blues. (Not always considered a Music Video, but it really is)

Sheryl Crow - Leaving Las Vegas. (With the flying elvis who lands, kneeling down with his cape spread open.)

weird Al - I'm Fat. (weird Al doing Jackson moves in a fat suit. "Ham on. Ham on whole wheat, or rye" (I think he actually says "all right", but "or rye" is better)).

"You ain't Fat! You ain't nothing! YOU AIN'T NOTHING!!!"

<< Go Back to the Main Page

Feel Free to scroll up and check out my Archives! Thanks for stopping by!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?