<$BlogRSDUrl$>

<< Go Back to the Main Page

 

Monday, August 16, 2004

Patty in the "Rain"

what i'm listing to Right Now: Williams Brother & Curry - John Henry
------------------------------------------

So, Saturday that Hurricane Charley bummed me out something fierce.

I was wholed up in the yellow house all day hoping the skies would squeeze it all out before the outdoor concert I had already purchased tickets for. I had over 24 hours till the Sunday show, but still, the way things have been going this summer, I wasn't getting my hopes up for a dry show.

I went to the Patty Griffin (Emmylou Harris, Gillian Welch, David Rawlings, Buddy Miller) show last night. I got soaked, but at least Gillian did too.

The worst part of it was that Patty didn't sing this song:

Patty Griffin - Rain.mp3 (3.8 megs)

It's her best song. Maybe it would have been a little heavy-handed, but screw subtlety, we were wet.

See:


That Saturday, when I was bored out of my living mind (waiting for Charley to pass), I tried to see if I could sing a Patty Griffin song on my guitar. I think there is a reason she was on stage and I had pruned toes in my 25 dollar orchestra seat. The fone ("ph" my arse) rang just after the first verse and mercifully cut short the song. You can thank "Unknown Name" for that.

Matthew Cox - Every Little Bit.mp3 (1.3 megs)

<< Go Back to the Main Page

Feel Free to scroll up and check out my Archives! Thanks for stopping by!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?