<$BlogRSDUrl$>

<< Go Back to the Main Page

 

Monday, August 09, 2004

It Pays to Read "Rock n Roll in the Real World"

Excerpts from email exchange with the Winner of my first ever keyofe contest:

---------------

Bridget,

...anywho, Hunter Thompson is cool. Funny thing is, I don't really like his famous works like "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas." But I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE these collections of letters (The Proud Highway). Fascinating.

And I love his "The Kentucky Derby is Decadent and Depraved" ....and his "Song of the Sausage Creature"...

Enjoy the book.

Please let me know if you decided on "The Proud Highway" or some other book.

Enjoy and Congratulations!

Love, Mateo

PS I didn't start out to have a hidden quote. I tried to make it visible, but I still can't figure out how to have Blogger show that quote. Something in the blogger template that hides it.

--------------------

Hey Matt-

I actually had never read any of his stuff before so I went ahead and read those stories before I ordered. I liked them a lot so I did get that book. And guess what! I got it used and was therefore able to finally buy the killers album (with a bit of money from my own pocket). Thought you'd be pleased.

-bridget

<< Go Back to the Main Page

Feel Free to scroll up and check out my Archives! Thanks for stopping by!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?