<$BlogRSDUrl$>

<< Go Back to the Main Page

 

Monday, February 02, 2004

Walkmen day tomorrow

what i'm listening to Right Now: The Carlsonics - I dig the bushwack
--------------------------------------------

Well, I've been surfing the ole web and getting jealous at bloggers who already seem to have "promo" versions of Franz Ferdinand, the Walkmen, and the Liars. How do you guys do it?

I guess i'll have to wait it out for the official release dates, which are actually pretty close. In the case of the Walkmen, it's tomorrow!! I've heard one song called "New Years Eve" and it's great, so I'm pretty excited to hear the rest of the new songs.

Now, if you've been reading me for a bit, you know that I've been a pioneer of sorts for Franz Ferdinad hype. I've only heard the EP and "Take Me Out" (which you can listen to for free by hitting the main page of the Domino site.) Well, they had a show in New York recently and the New York bloggers are raving. I can't wait till March 9th when they release this album in the USA. Meanwhile, here are some live tracks by Franz via this really cool British weblog. (found via, Jean Genie)

There is this band called the Liars. Thru Garagedream-->via the jean genie--> and finally to you is this video of the Liars new single. If you're not on a dialup, give it view. It's amazing. Makes me eyes water with that screeching, but I can't stop listening to it! I've heard that the new Liars album will be called "They Were Wrong, So We Drowned." Read this neato story about "brocken Witches" and how they came up with their witch theme for this album.

Finally, and I do mean FINALLY, I've found a track from the new TV on the Radio album that is due soon. I tried and tried to get some from a cool weblog called aekituesday, but the links never worked for me. But I finally found a track through the awesome weblog the Catbirdseat, which you all should be checking out. (scroll down to Jan 29th to get the track).

OK, that wasn't the final thing, this is though. This Weblog is good.

<< Go Back to the Main Page

Feel Free to scroll up and check out my Archives! Thanks for stopping by!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?