<$BlogRSDUrl$>

<< Go Back to the Main Page

 

Friday, February 06, 2004

Strokes Announce Largest US Tour yet

Oh, Heck yeah! The Strokes are good. They put on a great live show! I drove 8 hours to New York to see them and the White Stripes at Radio City Music Hall (Download a video of that entire performance at lastnite.org AND AND AND lastnite.org has two videos of YYY's perfs. Y control from Conan, and Date With the Night on some British show. Boots of Interpol, Oasis, Radiohead, Weezer, etc. Great Site!)

Where was I? ...and I drove 3 hours to DC to see them with the Mooney Suzuki at Constitution Hall, and I drove 5 hours to Baltimore to see them with the Kings of Leon and Regina Spektor.

Now I wouldn't have driven all those miles just for the Strokes, but you look at the supporting acts for every one of those shows, and I think you'll agree that the hours and miles were well worth it.

NOW THEY'RE COMING TO NORFOLK! And to the Norva which is the most amazing venue I've ever been too!! And it's RIGHt ACROSS The RIVER!! I don't know who the opener is, but that venue is so close, and so intimate, that it's going to be a great show!

Every band that plays there loves it. They have a hottub and a Sauna in the dressing room! And and indoor basketball court! Check this place out!

Tickets go on sale tomorrow at 10am, but, oops, I already have my tickets. I got the Pre-sale hookup, so if you don't already know, and you want to know, drop me an email and I'll hook you up the info, mofo.

and the good news to you Real Worlders, is that they're probably coming near your town too:

IN MY INBOX:

****we announced half of the tour so far and you can find the dates
with venues online at www.thestrokes.com in the TOUR section by now.****

**please note, these are NOT all the dates, there will be more
added....the tour will roughly go to MAY 19th, but the website has all
we have confirmed for now**

other tour cities that will be on this tour, but are not announced yet
include:
*kansas city
*st. louis
*san francisco
*boston
*new york city
*vancouver
*pittsburgh
*cleveland
*cincinnati
*and several others, too, making this the largest US tour the strokes
have ever done!
-------------------------
PS Interesting article on Brian Wilson at Slate today.

<< Go Back to the Main Page

Feel Free to scroll up and check out my Archives! Thanks for stopping by!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?