<$BlogRSDUrl$>

<< Go Back to the Main Page

 

Wednesday, February 04, 2004

I can teach you, but I'd have to charge

what i'm listening to Right Now: The Walkmen - That's the Punchline
--------------------------------------------

I got the new Walkmen cd. But i'm re-listening to the old one right now. It's interesting that, on Every One Who Pretended to Like Me... I like every even numbered song, better than the next. The odd numbered songs are cool too, but I end up skipping them more often than not (the exception being track 13). It's not that the other tracks aren't good, but I just always thought that the odd tracks were a little too "atmospheric" for me to listen to over and over again. Listening to the whole album in one sitting is like being in a Wave Pool at "Oceans of Fun" or "Water Country." Down, Up, Down, Up, Down, Up in a perfect sine wave, a rhythmic motion.

So, anyway, the first album was really good, and now I've heard the new album one and a half times. And so far, my first gut impression is a good one. None of the aforementioned Walkmen atmosphere is gone, and the singer still sings in that slow tremolo, modulating the volume of his drawn-out slurs (like, "suomebUAdy's wAITing for MEEE hAAT home. eeIE shheouDA kneeown.").

So, basically the Walkmen are awesome, and like no one else I've ever heard.

Our local big-shot producers Pharrell Williams and Chad Hugo (they produced Milkshake [click to listen]), who are from Virginia Beach, will be bring their N*E*R*D personna's to the Norva on April 17th. And I just happen to have the pre-sale password to get a early crack at tickets this Thursday. Email me if you want to know.

I'm planning to visit DC this weekend. OKGO are coming to the Black Cat, and they still owe me some merch. from the Dec. 2002 show at ODU. It's a long story, but you can't escape me OKGO!!

I was even thinking of getting a hotel room since i'm living the bachelor life this weekend. This place seems so hip, it's unhip. But it's within walking distance of the Black Cat so maybe I'll try to stay there and make a whole weekend of it up in DC. I miss you DC.


<< Go Back to the Main Page

Feel Free to scroll up and check out my Archives! Thanks for stopping by!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?