<$BlogRSDUrl$>

<< Go Back to the Main Page

 

Tuesday, January 13, 2004

A Pitchforkian Record Review

what i'm listening to Right Now: Bob Dylan, Live 1966 - I Don't Believe You (She Acts Like We Never Have Met)
----------------------------------------

I don't know I if I told you, but I'm wanna those people that are feeding the Franz Ferdinand hype monster. Their album comes out in the UK on Feb. 9th. And I thought I would pop over to Pitchforkmedia.com and see what they had to say about Franz Ferdinand.

Well, they're still looking for writers, and I clicked on that link and seriously considered throwing my hat into that ring of rock pretention.

Then I read the Franz Ferdinand review:

"Strikingly Interpolian as they lunge in alongside a healthy drum..."

Later on, in a blurb for Ellen Allien:

"...Kraftwerkian in its precision..."

Interpolian?? Kraftwerkian???

I don't think I should review records in any published way. A weblog is my own place to take a stand. To be given a record and told to review it seven days later, well, heck, that doesn't sound like fun at all. Sounds like it sucks the fun right out of listening to music.

So I guess I'll just read reviews, and leave the writing of them to the Pitchforkians out there.

Whatevs.org tells his pitchfork story.

<< Go Back to the Main Page

Feel Free to scroll up and check out my Archives! Thanks for stopping by!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?