<$BlogRSDUrl$>

<< Go Back to the Main Page

 

Monday, November 17, 2003

what i'm listening to Right Now: Mando Diao - Sheepdog
_________________________

Well pitchfork finally weighs in on the Raveonettes. Gives it a 7.1. If you come here often, you know I've been really digging this album, and I just have to say that this is probably the most accurate review I've ever read.

"The Raveonettes' rote reinterpretations inevitably grow a little tiresome (closer "New York Was Great" is imminently forgettable), especially after you've patiently swallowed ten or eleven fizzy versions of the exact same thing."

The album is only 30 minutes long, but it seems that it would have been better still to drop two songs. "New York Was Great", "Noisy Summer", and "The Truth About Johnny" I think could all be lost. They're good songs, but make 'em B-sides to singles or something. Best song is Untamed Girl. Remember, That Great Love Sound, Heartbreak Stroll, geez there are so many catchy songs on this! I like this trend of the 30 minute album.

------------------

Oh, and I added a few new blog links over there---->

And I dumped a boring one.

I won't be able to see Broadcast tonight, but I'm going up to see Forgot Cassettes. You can see pictures of them that Jenyk.com took when they came through New York. Here.

<< Go Back to the Main Page

Feel Free to scroll up and check out my Archives! Thanks for stopping by!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?