<$BlogRSDUrl$>

<< Go Back to the Main Page

 

Monday, November 03, 2003

Outkast on SNL

Man that Andre guy from Outkast is a Super-Duper SuperStar!! Mark my words, his star is going up, up, UP!

And I made a mix CD for my friend Jules. Trying to get her into some newer bands.

The Sounds - Seven Days a Week
Kings of Leon - Happy Alone
Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Y Control
Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Maps
Regina Spektor - Samson
Regina Spektor - Ne Me Quitte Pas
Outkast - Hey Ya!
Longwave - I Know it's Coming Someday
Longwave - Tidal Wave
Kings of Leon - Red Morning Light
Kings of Leon - Joe's Head
Modest Mouse - Lives
Modest Mouse - Gravity Rides Everything
Kimya Dawson - Chemistry
Kimya Dawson - Being Cool
Marshal Tucker Band - Can't You See
Kings of Leon - Trani
Roger McGuinn - Ballad of Easy Rider

Man, I'm good. It's a perfect Sine wave. Start high, fast, (Sounds, Kings) bring down a bit (slow YYY, Regina), jump it back up to keep 'em awake (Outkast), then slow it down just a hair (Longwave) before bringing it back up at the mid point (Kings of Leon). Then the slow build. (Modest Mouse) Slowly, slowly, slowly upwards (Kimya). We're at the plateau stage, hold on baby, i'm feeling good (Marshal Tucker), then....release (kings)!!! Then the snuggling afterwards (McGuinn).

As you can see, I've been embracing the long taboo of the mix tape. Repeating songs by the same artist. This was such a no-no in my younger days. But it reflects my change in how I listen to music. I used to be such a "greatest hits" type. Now I'm much more into albums. So I wanted to capture the feeling of a mix of albums rather than a mix of songs. I think that would be a useful shuffle function on a multiple cd player. Play two songs on this cd, then two songs of that cd, etc.

<< Go Back to the Main Page

Feel Free to scroll up and check out my Archives! Thanks for stopping by!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?