<$BlogRSDUrl$>

<< Go Back to the Main Page

 

Tuesday, October 14, 2003

Strokes Live in Baltimore - Oct 12 Aught-3

This show was the first time I tried to take pictures with my digital camera. It didn't work out as well as I'd hoped. I need to figure out how to set exposure and aperture and stuff like that.

Regina Spektor was up first. I really, really, really like her so this was a big plus to have her open the show. She brings a single drumstick out with her. She is just awesome. I really enjoyed her show. On one song, she drums with one hand and plays the piano with the other (song is called "Poor Little Rich Boy"). She sang this other song about shooting the sun that I wish I knew the title to. She asked the audience to help her sing "Ugh" during the chorus of one song. They weren't getting into it, so she said, "Do it, you'll feel better." She also had her new CD available at the Merch table. Is says, "limited pressing for strokes tour." So Na-Na-Na! I got it, you don't!

Some jerk kept heckling her, "Play freebird." She said, "F**K Freebird, man." And I applauded. Skrew that guy. Jerk. I think it put her in a bad mood. Someone else, a fan, kept yelling "Samson" (one of her popular songs) and she played it last, but she played it fast, and ran off.

Here are some horrible, unflattering pictures of her, including a blurry one (pictures open in same window): one, two, three


The Kings of Leon are cool. I got their CD and I like it a lot. They didn't seem to get into it till the end. I think they were having some amp trouble through most of their set. The roadies were on stage during the first 4 songs trying to fix something. It was a VOX amp, so maybe you touring musicians should avoid those.

Here is a pic of Caleb, the lead singer:

Kings of Leon

The Strokes are TIGHT! Every little pause in the music is timed perfectly. The show was great. Julian was in a good mood. "Thanks for comin out. Wow, we still have fans. Thats cool."

They played a bunch of their new stuff and equal amounts of old stuff. Go to the strokes home page. Click on "News", and then click on the News from the tour bus.

Here are some more of the pictures. One, Two, Three.

Yeah, they had stuff projected behind them. They even had a theme song kinda thing. The lights went dark. This spooky music comes up, and these images get projected on the back wall, then the strokes come out. And Julian had a white belt.

<< Go Back to the Main Page

Feel Free to scroll up and check out my Archives! Thanks for stopping by!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?