<$BlogRSDUrl$>

<< Go Back to the Main Page

 

Tuesday, October 28, 2003

Back from Plan 9

what i'm listening to Right Now: stellastarr, On Fire - In the Walls
----------------------------------------

Wow!! I LOVE plan 9!! I'm so lucky to have a great record store like it!

I'm back from my lunch break and here is what I did. I left Ft. Eustis and drove up to Williamsburg. Fist stop Plan 9 Music. I debated buying Denali's new one. Patty Griffin's new one. Beth Orton's greatest hits. Didn't see the Shins.

I got Bob Dylan's Bringing It All Back Home in SACD. SACD is this "breakthrough" in CD technology. Supposedly has higher sample rates. But you have to have a special SACD player to hear it. But, no worries, these are "Hybrid" disks that also have the normal CD playing capability. The guy that re-mastered this told me that Mr. Tambourine Man sounds better than ever on SACD, and that because of the remastering, the normal CD files sound better too. But I loaned it to Jaime to listen to at work (I met her at lunch), so I don't have it to listen to.

What I am listening to is a sampler disk from RCA that Plan 9 gave me. It is awesome! What a great idea! I don't know if it came with the Strokes CD or just Plan 9 was giving them out, but it is called "On Fire" and has the following track listing:

My Morning Jacket - Run Thru
stellastar* - In the Walls
Longwave - Tidal Wave
Kings of Leon - Spiral Staircase
VUE - She's Sweet

Is that an awesome mix or what! I already own Longwave and Kings of Leon. I've been meaning to check out My Morning Jacket and Stellastar so that was quite a bonus. Thanks Plan 9!!

Oh, and the Strokes album came with the promotional 7" vinyl single! So I bought two CD's, but left the store with 3 CD's and a vinyl record. Good Deal!

<< Go Back to the Main Page

Feel Free to scroll up and check out my Archives! Thanks for stopping by!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?