<$BlogRSDUrl$>

<< Go Back to the Main Page

 

Monday, October 06, 2003

3 movies in 3 days

what i'm listening to Right Now: The Raveonettes, That Great Love Sound - Love Can Destroy Everything
-----------------------------------------

How I love the movies! But this year has been a bit of a letdown compared to years past. The tides may be turning cause I saw three great movies this weekend.

Friday I saw "School of Rock". It was VERY funny. I'm sure you noticed the Mooney Suzuki hanging out backstage at the "battle of the bands" contest. I noticed in the credits that Sammy James Jr. co-wrote and played some of the guitar on the School of Rock song.

(O-K. I just went over to google and found this article that says the same thing I just said, only better.)

Anywho, Jack Black makes this movie, but I give credit to screenwriter Mike White because "The Good Girl" was one of the great movies I've seen in the recent past. "Tom's my slave name." Mike White played the roommate in this movie, and the security guard in "The Good Girl."

Saturday I saw "Lost in Translation." It was excellent. I liked that the movie really respected the audience's intelligence. We don't need every darn thing spelled out. We don't need to know what was whispered at the end. But I have to be honest and say that this movie does not get made without American Zoetrope. I hate to bring it up, because Coppola, the daughter, is the better director in the family IMHO, but she wouldn't have got the budget or the actors or distribution without daddy. Hollywood just can't see the greatness in movies like this, preproduction.

Sunday I finally saw "Spellbound" at the Naro Cinema. It was FANTASTIC. Best of the three I saw this weekend! The spelling bee scences were really suspenseful. Great directing. Great stuff.

LATE NIGHT NEWS:

TUESDAY is First Conan Strokes Show for the Month of October.

THURSDAY, the Sounds are supposed to be on Jimmy Kimmel Live.

<< Go Back to the Main Page

Feel Free to scroll up and check out my Archives! Thanks for stopping by!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?