<$BlogRSDUrl$>

<< Go Back to the Main Page

 

Tuesday, September 09, 2003

what i'm listening to Right Now: Jonathan Richman and the Modern Lovers - Pablo Picasso
----------------------------------------

Hey, hey, hey. I'm back!! I'm tanned and fat on sweets and fish steaks.

The beach had no internet so that was weird. When I got back, I had to catch up with all the music blogs. Well Mike D. went and moved his site to losingmyedge.com. Well I have to say I LOVE this website. It's the best on the web. I have a folder on my computer titled "I'm Losing My Edge" that contains nothing else except the MP3's he links. In fact, when I leave work today I'm going up to my local indy music store (Plan 9 in Williamsburg) to pick up my copy of the TV On the Radio EP that I would have never heard of had it not been for his site.

I altered my blog links and, well sorry Jinners but I bumped you down and put losingmyedge.com first. Not that I'm really ranking them, or the bands I link. Jinners is my super-close second favorite. I still can't recomend her enough (both of hers!).

I updated my albums with albums I've bought recently. There are two steps to getting your band linked on this site. I don't link 'em unless I (1) buy 'em, and (2) recommend 'em. Have to be both which is why I put off the Raveonettes so long. I'm loving this new album!! Guess I'm a sucker for the Major scale.

Nellie Mckay's demo CD came in so I was able to listen to her "studio" work. It's REALLY good!! Very impressive this one.

News from the Nellie Mckay website:

Look for Nellie in the October issue of Jane Magazine with Lucy Liu on the cover. The magazine has also put up an mp3 of Manhattan Avenue on its website: http://www.janemag.com/2001/jeff.html

Nellie scores a mention in the Sept 18 issue of Rolling Stone! The magazine selected our Harlem homegirl virtuoso as one of the country's top up-and-coming teens; see p.41

Nellie is currently in LA putting the finishing touches on her forthcoming album, due out in January.

<< Go Back to the Main Page

Feel Free to scroll up and check out my Archives! Thanks for stopping by!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?