<$BlogRSDUrl$>

<< Go Back to the Main Page

 

Monday, August 18, 2003

what i'm listening to Right Now: Rooney, Rooney - If It Were Up to Me
----------------------------------------

Now this is some mindless pop drivel I can get behind! The other day, in this blog (Aug. 02), I was talking about watching VH1's Top 20 countdown. Well at like 8am Saturday VH1 does a "New" music hour. Rooney is doing their Strokes look-alike contest on a beach and singing this catchy little tune called "Blueside." I can't understand what I was doing up that early on a Saturday, but by-golly the coffee was good and afterwards I decided to "sample" a few tracks from this Rooney band. Well I can't say I'm gonna wear this one out, but when I'm headed to the beach, this is the one I'll bring. But I don't know if I'll care about them after tomorrow, because.... well read on.
----------------------------------------

ITEM!!!!

Kings of Leon's album Youth & Young Manhood released Aug. 19!!

Thank you very much Jinners. You've absolutely made my life a living hell. I'm obsessed with Kings of Leon (KOL).

After seeing a few well placed articles from the British rock mags, your Kings of Leon interview was the last straw. I had to check out this band. But their album hadn’t come out yet. I've been waiting for August 19th!!!!! Well my wait is over!! Tomorrow brings sweet relief!!

Please people! Sweet Readers!! BUY THIS ALBUM!!!

Hey, o.k., I admit, I went through a bunch of hoops to download the KOL tracks before the release date, but I'm going to do the right thing and Support this band. If you like them, please do the same. If you've never heard of them, then buy it anyway and enjoy.
-------------------------------------------

ITEM!

Raveonettes album comes out September 2nd. I dig their album work. Plus I have a soft spot in my heart for them because of the June 5, 2003 story I wrote about the free American University show. I'm still on the fence about their live show (read about my theory why at my June 13, 2003 post)
--------------------------------------

Um......That's all.

<< Go Back to the Main Page

Feel Free to scroll up and check out my Archives! Thanks for stopping by!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?