<$BlogRSDUrl$>

<< Go Back to the Main Page

 

Tuesday, August 05, 2003

what i'm listening to Right Now: Liz Phair, Liz Phair - My Bionic Eyes

Yes, Yes, it's true. I've been listening to this album on and off for about three weeks so that I can discern for myself just how good or bad it is. And it's bad. Not my thing I guess. But it will make Liz VERY rich and popular. Bionic Eyes is damn DAMN catchy though, and that's why I thought I'd listen to it again. Firewalker is pretty catchy also. But it's pretty embarrassing to admit it. "You’re like my favorite underwear. It just feels right." You’ all should be listening to this album just so you can hear it for yourself. That line is not a passing line in a song, it's the chorus! Over and over she sings it! Sweet Marie what was she thinking! But I will give her credit for Bionic Eyes and Firewalker. They are really catchy.

---------------------

Strokes News: Release date=October 21st!!! Strokes to play Conan every Tuesday in October!!! (I first saw this link on Soviet Panda).

I spent the morning enjoying the free mp3's from thejeangenie.blogspot.com, which is a super great music blog I check out every day.

I also need to post this Interview with Kings of Leon that the great jinners did. Jinners is great. This is how I spend every morning. I open up Opera (the best web browser I've ever used) and open up my own site. This one that you're reading. Then I click on my link to jinners(dot)com and check her out. The chat box is the coolest! I'd covet it if it wasn't a commandment. Then I click the news link at the top of that page. That page has links to weblogs on it, and I go down the list. Every day.

My Physic Friend is first. It's never updated so I'm starting to skip it most mornings.

Divestar is next on the list. This is a great site! Great pictures, and great reviews of the shows.

Then The Jean Genie, I'm Losing My Edge, Garage Dream, vive/le/roi, and aeki tuesday all have good links. They don't go into tons of detail, just links to stuff they think is cool.

Hard Glitter is next, and WOW this is a good one. Absolutely great! Super Duper Wonderful! I haven't linked it in my sidebar yet though, because I just discovered it the other week and I'm still feeling it out to see if it can keep my interest. But I'm pretty impressed so far. Although it makes my Opera crash for some reason. I think it's a configuration problem on my end though.

Melody Nelson is there. Good site with good, detailed posts.

The Modern Age is right smack in the middle. I hope I don't have to tell you about The Modern Age! It's THE rock n roll weblog. It has the perfect blend of links to other news stories and personal opinion.

Then I hit up soviet panda and stereogum before skipping ahead to see what drewbacca has going on.

Then jenyk/dot/com which is a little vague. It's tough to figure out what being talked about and these bands are REALLY underground. Maybe if I lived in New York and actually was Jasper I would get it. But I did like the fact that he likes Denali which is a great band (free mp3's on their site!), and without a doubt the best Virginia based band that I can offer you big city types. If you get a chance to check them out, you won't be sorry. He has pictures and a write-up of them here. One tip for Jasper though is to change your font color. The light grey on white is wretched!

The last one I check out is New York Doll, which is good. Each post is more like a little magazine article, which is what I end up doing. Writing long posts. But that's what brings you here, or at least, that's what better bring you here because I just can't seem to stop with the huge posts. I guess that's my "style."

Thus concludes my "How to Read Indie Rock Blogs" lesson.

<< Go Back to the Main Page

Feel Free to scroll up and check out my Archives! Thanks for stopping by!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?