<$BlogRSDUrl$>

<< Go Back to the Main Page

 

Monday, July 28, 2003

what I'm Listening to Right Now: Nellie McKay, July 05, 2003 Live at FEZ - Respectable Members of Society

Hello all. Well my I-net's been down all weekend so I didn't post my Nellie McKay story over the weekend from part 3 of my New York trip. I wanted to do it here at work, but I was too busy to write it up till after my anti-terrorism class. But I got back to my desk and found out that www.nelliemckay.net is online as of right now. Well, there I went over there to check it out.

I guess I should just tell you that I didn't get to see Nellie McKay in New York like I wanted to. FEZ was shut down all weekend. I'll tell you all about it when I vomit out Part 3 of the New York thing. But I had to tell you that part of it now, because I've never heard anything by her except the songs I stole from the WFUV radio show.

A nice fella who runs Smalls Records emailed me to tell me that I had some of the song names wrong too. If you go down to July 18, I talk about a few Nellie McKay songs I was putting on my portable MP3 player. Well the song I called "Sorry" is actually "Sari" and the song "Total Guys (Oh We Oh)" is actually "Toto Dies" ("Oh We Oh" from the "Wizard of Oz", heh. Pretty clever Ms. McKay).

And on that Nellie McKay site I downloaded the MP3's of Nellie playing live. So I'm listening to them now. I don't know how I feel about it yet. I'm not as impressed as I thought I'd be. But it's early to be making big judgements on her. If you want to check them out though, they are there.

<< Go Back to the Main Page

Feel Free to scroll up and check out my Archives! Thanks for stopping by!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?