<$BlogRSDUrl$>

<< Go Back to the Main Page

 

Tuesday, July 29, 2003

what I'm listening to Right Now: Late Night with Conan O’Brien.

SCOOP: I might be one of the first to have this info. Not that it's very interesting info. In fact, why was I excited to tell you? Why did I think I had a scoop?

Anyway, Luke Kaven, the president of Smalls Records, tells me that Geoff Emerick is producing Nellie McKay's first album. He's worked with this group called the Beatles.

If you or someone you know, say they don't like the Beatles, they obviously have never heard the following songs, which comprise tracks 3-30 on my Winamp:

Do You Want to Know a Secret?
I Should have Known Better
She's a Woman
Tell Me Why
Love Me Do
I Saw Her Standing There
Here Comes the Sun
Norwegian Wood
Baby You're a Rich Man
Blackbird
Dear Prudence
Get Back
I Am The Walrus
Lady Madonna
Michelle
Octopus' Garden
Rocky Raccoon
The Ballad of John and Yoko
Helter Skelter
Yesterday (acoustic)
You've Got to Hide Your Love Away
Taxman
Love You To
Here There and Everywhere
She Said She Said
For No One
You're Gonna Change or I'm Gonna Leave (whoops that's a Hank Williams Number)

In fact, as I look at my Winamp right now the order goes:

Beatles (30ish tracks), Hank Williams (25ish tracks), Yeah Yeah Yeahs (whole Fever to Tell), Von Bondies (whole Lack of Communication), French Kicks (5ish tracks), Soundtrack of Our Lives (whole Behind the Music), White Stripes (whole Elephant), Barcelona (3ish tracks), Jonathan Richman and the Modern Lovers (5ish tracks), Lou Reed (Vicious, from Transformer), Velvet Underground (whole "Banana" and various Loaded), The Who (8ish), CCR (5ish), Bob Dylan (a surprisingly low 20ish tracks from early/mid sixties), Bob Dylan (whole "New York" Blood on the Tracks), Uncut Magazine Punk - Various Artists, Beth Orton (12ish from various albums), Bob Dylan (Live at the Gaslight, October 1962), Ted Leo and the Pharmacists (15ish tracks), Madonna (whole Immaculate Collection), Nellie McKay (live at WFUV), Longwave (whole Strangest Things), Interpol (NYC), Modest Mouse (3 tracks), and the Black Keys (4 tracks).

That adds up to 271 tracks. Of course I have SO MANY MORE mp3's, but this is what I've been into lately.

<< Go Back to the Main Page

Feel Free to scroll up and check out my Archives! Thanks for stopping by!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?