<$BlogRSDUrl$>

<< Go Back to the Main Page

 

Friday, July 11, 2003

Well, I did it. I bought the Greyhound ticket yesterday night. I'm going to NYC! Sure should be a fun time.

In honor of the trip, I added a link to jinners site. She has the site (and the life) that I want. I hope she doesn't mind my linking her. I can't recommend it enough. It's good.

I'm hoping to catch the Nellie McKay show! "Who is that?" you might say. Well I'm proud to be one of the first (outside of New York) to recommend her. In fact, I know nothing about her except what is on her antifolk site. I listened to the radio show they reference and was VERY impressed with her songs. She is a little too cutesie-wootsie when she was talking. She kept stuttering, and saying "Ohhh, Thhhank youuuu, that's so sweeeeet" over and over again. She was probably just nervous, and she's only 19 so I shouldn't pick on her. Sorry Nellie.

If you want to listen to the radio show, you have to go to this site and click on "WFUV archives." Then go to the drop down box (it says "Choose a Show") and look under "Friday" for "Whole Wide World w/ Rita Houston." Select it, and click the "Go" button. Look for the May 19th show and start listening. You cannot fast forward the show. You have to listen. Thats crappy I know, but it's worth it. It's good music though. That Sidestepper sounds cool. She comes on about an hour in. It's worth it.

I need something to do in the city after the Siren Festival is over, and I thought that I might be RockNRolled out after 9 straight hours, so I was looking for some music that would contrast, yet compliment my 9 hours of hipster rock. Nellie plays the piano, from what I understand. And this place, Fez, looks cool. She just signed with Columbia so be on the lookout.

<< Go Back to the Main Page

Feel Free to scroll up and check out my Archives! Thanks for stopping by!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?