<$BlogRSDUrl$>

<< Go Back to the Main Page

 

Tuesday, July 15, 2003

I've purchased Longwave's "The Strangest Things" the other day. And I picked up this Greatest Hits of Madonna thing called "The Immaculate Collection" and it is REALLY good.

Madonna was the coolest back then. And every song on this CD is good. Pick them both up at your local store. See, what will happen is this: You'll be deep into the "L's" because you're looking for Longwave, and then you'll notice that the "M's" are right there, so you might as well pick up Madonna. That's how it happened to me.

Update on NYC trip: I have ticket reservations waiting for me to see Nellie Mckay (pronounced "MicKai"). I'm going to try to score a CD of her music when I'm up there. I'm jealous of her lyrics. Very clever stuff.

"In High School, it was cool, to say 'You look funny'; 'You're a retard dummy'; 'A retarded dummy', 'Yeah you suck, out a luck'" from her song Inner Peace.

"I wanna get married, yes I need a spouse. I want a nice Leave It to Beaverish, Golden Retriever and a little white house. I wanna get married. I need to cook meals. I wanna pack cute little lunches for my Brady Bunches, then read Danielle Steele." From I Want to Get Married.

And there are some clever political references strewn about, and fun use of phrasing. At least in this VERY little bit that I've heard from her, she certainly seems to reward the listener for listening. It makes you hang on every word. We'll have to see how I feel this time next week, after seeing her live.

<< Go Back to the Main Page

Feel Free to scroll up and check out my Archives! Thanks for stopping by!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?